Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day Eighteen

"Why did you decide to make a blog, and why do you still have it?"


        I actually have multiple blogs.
        My author blog.
        My personal blog.
        And this blog, a brand new blog I started this year.
        I started this blog, a year long challenge, to keep myself writing every single day, even if it's only a few paragraphs, sentences, or even words.  Being a writer, it is very important to write every single day.  The past year, I haven't been writing very much.  I feel like I've lost my ... mojo, for lack of a better term, and I need to get it back.  I've been far too distracted by the inconvenience of reality, the mundane day to day monotonous way of living, and I am sick of it.  I am a writer.  It's one of the only jobs in the world that allows you to spent 95% of your time living in a fictional world and speak to fictional people.

        The reason I made this blog was to make sure I write every single day (or in cases like illness or hospitalization like this week, two blog posts in one day...)
        I started my author blog (link above) to help promote my work, to write about other books I've read, and to network with other authors and gain contacts in the writing community.  Unfortunately, I don't update that blog any where near often enough.  I should probably start doing that, at least once a month.  I will make that a new goal.
        My personal blog was started as a way for me to vent about the stupid drama that goes on in my life because, as I've stated in previous blog posts, I have a hard time forming words when dealing with confrontation.  I write better than I talk.  I always have and I probably always will, at least for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment