Friday, January 10, 2014

Day Ten

"What you think when you hear the words “be yourself”?"

(unless it's a bootleg of the new Hobbit movie...)

        I have no idea.  I think that phrase is slightly vague, people say it all the time, but when you step back and really think about it, you get all existential and being to wonder "Who the fuck am I?" 
        It has the right sentiment about it, but deep down, do any of us really know who we are?  Every day we learn new things and gain knowledge we didn't have before so we are ever changing and ever growing, so how can I be "myself" when "myself" continues to change?  Who is this "myself" that I am supposed to be? 
        So, what I think when I hear the words, 'be yourself', is "Is that really the best advice you can give?"
        Give me something better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment