Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 49

"Would you like to travel abroad to learn about new things throughout the world? If so, where would you like to go?

        I'm going to narrow it down a bit, because even though we say It's a small world after all, it's actually a big world, such a big big world!

        1. The UK - England, Scotland, Ireland.  My DREAM vacation is Ireland, however, I think it would be really cool to see all the old castles and learn the history of some of the places.  I'm not a fan of beer or tea (BLASPHEMY!) but I sure do love those freaking' accents.  And all I've ever wanted in life was for a beautiful Scottish man to call me 'love'.  Oh... *melting*.
        2. The Netherlands - I have ancestry roots here, in Limburg according to Ancestry.com, and I think it would be nice to see just how far back I could trace those roots.  I believe this side of my family is where mental illness may come from, and even though I doubt they have many medical records from that far back, it would still be nice to know just how many other people in my lineage were sociopaths.
        3. Germany - I also have ancestry roots from here, mainly from Prussia, but the Eick side of my family has many links to Germany.  I can't remember, but it's either my 2nd great or 3rd great grandparents had very thick German accents because they came here from Germany in the late 1800's, and I did know my Great Grandmother, she lived to be 98, and she was able to do a very detailed family history report, even before the days on the internet!
        4. Africa - I know that is kind of vague, but to be honest, I'm not sure which part of Africa I'd like to go to.  I'd like to stay in a very tribal village and learn their customs and beliefs and the way they live their lives, even though it is so totally different from the way we live in the US. I feel like that experience would open my mind so much as to how other people around the world live and just how lucky we are in America, even some the "poor".

No comments:

Post a Comment