Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 73

Random Acts of Kindness



        Random acts of kindness are my favorite thing in the entire world.  Especially when I am the one able to perform them.
        One of my best friends in the entire world is going through a bit of a struggle in her life. So today I sent her an e-gift card so she could get what she needed and be a little less stressed with her situation.  It wasn't much, but it was something, and this woman is like family to me.  She is one of six people I'd do just about anything for, including giving her my left kidney if need be.
        Something I have realized over many, many years is that I truly love to make other people happy.  I like giving them something they don't expect, but something they need, and seeing their reaction is priceless.  So, really, it's all for selfish purposes.  I do it to feel good.  It's a win win.
        I wish I could find a job where I could do this. Go around helping people in need, like Ellen does, and I don't even mind being anonymous as long as someone records their reaction.  Maybe I'm selfish that way, but it's very cathartic to see a person who really deserves a break get one.  It's healing to the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment