Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 81

"On Judgement"


        I try very, very, very hard not to judge other people.  It is not my place and it's not my business, unless I am personally involved, or my son is involved.
        I feel like everyone has their own issues and problems, and they aren't the same as mine.  And if I were put in a situation that someone else has already experienced, I don't know how I would react until that very minute when that one thing is happening to me.  No one knows how they are going to react to certain events.  You can take a guess, or make an assumption, or even imagine that thing happening to you.  You can say "Well, this is how I would have handled it."  But you really don't know that, because it's hypothetical, not actual.
        I have been judged by so many for things I have done or the way I choose to live my life, and I have to tell you, it's really unfair.  Because unless you have personally experienced anything remotely close to what I have experienced, then you don't know what it's like to be me.  Just like I don't know what it's like to be you.
        People say stupid things out of anger.  I have said and done many stupid things out of anger.  I wish I could go back in time and take it back.  Go back and not say the stupid thing or not do the thing that hurt the person I loved.  But all you can do is learn from your past, and try to make things right, now.
       I know that I am far from perfect, and I have never claimed to be, but I am trying my best with what I have, and with what I know.
       I think - and hope - we all are.
       One thing I know is that, most of the time, it is better to be kind than it is to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment