Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 112

Author Q & A



1. What am I currently working on? - An old story I started a few years ago, was titled "Blinding", but I am leaning in a different direction now, playing around with a few ideas.  It was inspired by so many things: the song "Blinding" by Florence + the Machine, three episodes of Doctor Who; "Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead" (a two part episode) "Amy's Choice", and a little bit of "Inception" thrown in.
"A woman from the future is living in the past, and she cannot break free of it's grasp."

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?  It's written by me.

3. Why do I write what I do?  Because I like it? LOL I write what inspires me to write, whether it be fantasy, science fiction, young adult coming of age, or random poetry.

4. How does my writing process work?  I sit down at the computer.  Open up Open Office and start writing.  Sometimes it involves a song or a TV show or a book that inspired me, and if that is the case I will have to listen/watch/read that over and over again until I have it memorized and embedded in my brain so I know where I'm going with the story, but normally, it's all just sitting down and doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment