Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 114

"Have you ever gone out of your way to make someone happy?"


        Yes, of course. But I'm a mom.  I love helping people.   I love making other's happy.  But because of my anxiety, there are some times when it is hard for me to to push my own fears aside and do something purely for someone else.  Going anywhere that I know will be be busy and crowded is something I am still unable to do.  Leaving the house on Saturday's has always been hard for me, even though I know Saturday's are the days you're supposed to go out because that is when everything is going on and when the whole family can do something together.  
        There have been times I've been unable to do things because I knew there would be a crowd; taking my son to see a movie on a Saturday because I knew it was going to be a full theater; going to an ex-friends bachelorette party because I knew the restaurant was going to be packed that Saturday night because it is EVERY Saturday night, and I didn't want to freak out and ruin her night.  
        When it does not involve large groups of people, or crowded places, I'm normally okay.  For the past few months, I have been helping my aunt with basically everything from taking her grocery shopping to helping her pack to move.  I don't mind doing it because I know it makes her less stressed, and also my grandparents less stressed.  I don't really consider that going "out of my way", though.  
     
        

No comments:

Post a Comment