Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 167

"Why you are doing this challenge?"



        I found the challenge on Tumblr, and I thought it would be a good idea to help me with my writing. I had been going through kind of a writing dry spell.  Still am for the most part.  So I thought, if I write something every single day for one year -- even if it's only one sentence -- maybe it will help spark my muse and help me finish something I've started.
        I counted all of the stories I have started over the past few years that I haven't finished.  There are 27.  Twenty-seven potential books that I can't fucking finish!  That is insane! I start to think, what if J.K Rowling never finished Harry Potter?  What if so and so never finished that book that is now a New York Times best seller and is being made into a movie?  
        That could be me.  One day.  Maybe.
        And then I think, "If Snookie can "write" a book, I sure as hell can!" (Yes, I know it was ghostwritten... but still. It's the principal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment