Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 190

"What is your favorite type of music?"



        I have a very diverse taste in music. I like some pop, rock, new age, classical, ambient, alternative, jazz, oldies, etc. The only music I really don't like is country (twangy and annoying), rap that is impossible to understand, and death metal when they scream into the microphone and you can't understand them. I'm not a fan of the screaming or yodeling. And I don't care what you say; country music is one big, annoying yodel. (The only country song I "like" is Backwards by the Rascal Flatts, because when you listen to the lyrics, it's so true, and hilarious.)
        I listen to a lot of classical/ambient music when I am writing because lyrics tend to distract me.  I listen to a mixture of music when I am cleaning or driving or sleeping, even.  I have a bunch of different playlists on my phone, each one designated for what task I am doing. 
        Some of my favorite musicians/artists/performers are Florence + the Machine, MS MR, The Naked and Famous, Ed Sheeran, Sia, John Mayer, Bjork, Coldplay, The Cinematic Orchestra, Conor Oberst(Bright Eyes), Lana Del Ray, Digital Daggers, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zero's, Imogen Heap/Frou Frou, Goldfrapp, Hans Zimmer, Jason Mraz, Jem, Yuna, Lily Allen, Lorde, Macklemore, Mika, Murray Gold, Sara Bareilles, Sick Puppies, Snow Patrol, Toro Y Moi, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Michael Jackson, BSB, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, and there is more I'm sure, but just can't think of right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment