Thursday, August 28, 2014

Day 240




        I am going to be 30 years old in a month from today. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Will it just be another day? Will I suddenly have a midlife crisis and decide to become a mime? Will I have cake or a fancy dinner and get presents? Probably not. I'm old enough now to know that all that stuff is really for kids, and I've had some pretty awesome birthday parties growing up.
        I think, if I could have a present... it would be to see my best friends. Maybe go out and have dinner with them. Have them all meet. Jackie knows Alyse, and Lindsay and Jackie know of each other because we all went to the same school, but Katie has never met any of them, and I think they'd get along pretty well. I definitely think Alyse and Katie would click because they have similar beliefs, same as I do - all that new age hippie peace freak shit, with potions and spells included.
       I think having friends around, even if only for a few hours, would be the best present in the world. I have been incredibly lonely lately and could really use a friend right about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment