Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 313

"Write about your ideal partner in detail. Does your crush/partner match the criteria? If no, talk about that."

        We all know that there is no such thing as a perfect relationship, or a perfect person, or anything perfect, because perfection is impossible. Everything has flaws. And that's okay because it's what makes us human. Or it makes a rose thorny, or a cat with feline dwarfism become one of the most famous animals in the history of animals. Imperfection can be beautiful.
        A lot of people know what they're looking for in a relationship. Some people want their partner to have money, others just want them to be nice and kind, and not get drunk and beat them every night.
        I, myself, do have a list of qualities I look for in a partner. But I gotta be honest with you; it's not that long. And I don't mean that to sound like I'll settle for anyone, it's just that... I have flaws, a lot of them, so how can I have a list of crazy impossible qualities that I expect from someone, when I can't live up to certain expectations myself?
       So, here goes. 
  1. Learning from past experiences, I need my partner to have a job. A real job. One that is more of a career, and not just something temporary until something better comes along. I like stability. I don't mean to say he has to make six figures and buy me a mansion, but it needs to be something that keeps us financially stable so we can survive.
  2. Maturity & Sense of Responsibility are very important. I don't want to be with someone who stays out all hours of the night, drinking and blowing all their money at a bar instead of paying rent. Having your priorities in order is a must. Rent, electricity & heat, etc, are more important than partying.
  3. Besides love, honesty is the most important part of a relationship. I need to be able to trust the person I am with 100%, not questioning whether or not they really are going to help a friend fix his car or sneaking off to fuck some other girl in a bush. Trust is key, my friends. 
  4. A sense of humor. I love laughing. It makes me not sad and less depressed and one of my favorite things to do with my fiance is laugh at stupid shit, and tell each other bad jokes and watch horrible movies. It feels amazing to laugh with my fiance. 
  5. Because of my "disability", or disorder, or whatever you want to call it, I need someone who is understanding, someone who has empathy. Someone who can really see how much I struggle, and instead of berate me for it, comfort me. Anxiety has been a huge burden on my life for so long and I really am trying to get better. But it helps a LOT when you have a support system you can count on.
        And I have to say, I am incredibly lucky to have found my fiance because he fits into every single one of these. He is hard working, generous, loving, affectionate, honest, sympathetic, funny, and sexy as fucking hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment