Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day 348

"Have you changed much in the past year?"

        Honestly, I don't know. I would like to say, "Yes! I have conquered my anxiety, got a job and am no longer reliant on anyone else for anything!" But I haven't. Not yet anyway. 
        I am also not married yet, which makes me slightly sad, and slightly relieved... Marriage for me is a very tricky subject.
        The only thing I have changed my view on is Child Support because of my own personal experiences with when I was a child, and because of how I see other women (not all, but some) abuse it, and use it to pay for their cars or clothes for themselves, instead of what it's supposed to be used for: THE CHILD. Hence why it's called CHILD support, not BABY MAMA support. A lot of women are greedy and angry so they want to take their ex's for everything they have. It took me a while to realize that just because some women do this, doesn't mean I will. I am not a materialistic person. I am not shallow or vain or think money is the most important thing in the world, because it's not. But I did realize that it is unfair to Dylan that he has to go without sometimes because his father is not being responsible, so, this spring I went downtown and filed. 
        We have a court order for a very low amount, which for now I am fine with. But since Dylan's father doesn't have a job, I haven't seen a penny of what he owes me, and he's pretty far in arrears. 
        For me, Child Support will be one of those things that is an extra bonus, a surprise almost, when I get my first check in the mail. At the moment, I plan on using it on underwear, socks and pajamas because that's what Dylan needs, but that might change once I actually get a check because I have no idea when that will actually be. 
       So, here is a tip for women everywhere who get Child Support, based on personal experience: learn not to RELY on Child Support. Because, for one, some men can be very unreliable, and, 2, when your kid turns 18 or 21, you're not getting that money anymore (unless they owe you any in arrears). So you need to be prepared. It doesn't last forever. And if you're not prepared, it's going to be like a giant slap in the face once it's gone.
        And don't you dare tell your kid they have to pay you that money once they come of age. It's not their fault they were born... 

No comments:

Post a Comment