Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Day 364

"Look back to your first post of this challenge, asking ‘Post a picture of yourself and tell us your hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 Days’ did you achieve any of these goals?"

        I did achieve some of these goals. My number one goals was to finally get my own car, and, in May, I did. Thanks to two of the most generous people I know, I was able to get a car, and that in itself, has changed my life dramatically. I can go to doctors appointments and the grocery store and the library and anywhere I want to go, when I need to go, and when I want to go. I am no longer bound by someone else's schedule, because I make my own, and it is the most liberating feeling I have ever felt in my life.
        I also got a gym membership over the summer so Dylan could go to summer camp, and we could go swimming. I don't use it as often as I'd like to because of my anxiety... But it's nice to have on the good days. 
        I still do not work outside of the home, but that might change in the coming year. I am going to look for some part time work {no customer service} with the help of my counselor, and do a trial run to see if I am able to go back to work. There are days when I don't want to leave the house at all, and then I have days when I get so restless, all I want to do is get out of here. And I'm bored. I need something to do. And maybe if I find something mundane like data entry, it will get me out of my own head for a few hours a week. 
        There's no guarantee, but you'll never know unless you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment